Pre-school children exploring Flat Rock Gully, November 2018
The community consultation on the proposed Western Harbour Tunnel and Beaches Link Tunnel recently came to a close.
WEPA prepared a response on behalf of its members which you can read here: WEPA Submission to the RMS in relation to the proposed Beaches Link and Western Harbour Tunnels, 9 December 2018
Find out about:
- the rich biodiversity in Flat Rock Gully threatened by the proposed construction
- why urban bushland is so important for biodiversity and the community
- the risks of hazardous pollution arising from the tunneling
- the impacts both during and after construction on traffic congestion
- the threats to Middle Harbour waterways and baths; and
- why we oppose the use of large, unfiltered stacks near schools and child-care facilities
Most importantly of all, is this really a project to address traffic congestion? If so, where are the public transport options?
Keep in touch with action on this project by visiting our WEPA Facebook site.