ATTEND THE WILLOUGHBY CITY COUNCIL GENERAL MEETING
7PM, MONDAY 12 NOVEMBER
To date, Willoughby City Council has ‘rubber-stamped’ the RMS proposal to take community land at Flat Rock Drive, Naremburn for construction of a tunnel to the Northern Beaches. It has failed to assess the local impacts of the tunnel and has not engaged in any meaningful community consultation on the proposal.
Councillor Lynne Saville, will present the following motion at Council on Monday night:
MOTION – Northern Beaches Tunnel
1. That Willoughby City Council prepares a summary report that makes the infrastructure and environmental impacts on council assets, residents, and businesses in the LGA of the Western Harbour tunnel and Northern Beaches Link Tunnel Projects as detailed in the reference design and supporting information contained in the July 2018 Project Update Document Western Harbour Tunnel Project Update document Beaches Link released by NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
2. That council also takes note of any other additional material provided by RMS
3. That the report be provided to council, placed on council’s website, and brought to the attention of the community.
4. That council considers the report, and the report made by the adjoining North Sydney Council, and make a submission to the RMS with copy to the Premier (may need to request late submission).
Our councillors are there to represent the community. Please:
* email your local councillors and or the Mayor to tell them why you want them to support the motion. Find their emails here: http://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/about-…/mayor–councillors/
* come along to the Council meeting to show community concern about the impact of the tunnel. It will be at 7:00pm, Monday 12 November at the Council Chamber, Level 6, 31 Victor Street, Chatswood
* if you want to speak about your concerns at the meeting please register to speak by 12pm Monday at email@example.com
Photo: Variegated Fairy-wren at Flat Rock Gully this week